These 2 are my new favorite products. Your skin will feel so new.
I got the Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant as a sample in my February Birchbox. It’s a powder that you mix with water and slowly rub in small circles all over your face, leaving it on for 1 minute, then rinse. I really felt a difference in my skin texture. It felt softer, cleaner, smoother and brighter. I love that I can use this every day. It’s a bit pricey, but so worth it. Dermalogica counters are very generous with samples, try it out!
The Shea Terra Organics Black Soap Facial Cleanser came in my February Beauty Army Sample Box. It has an earthy smell to it and kind of resembles molasses in texture and color. I was a little nervous to leave this foreign cleanser on my face for 10 minutes because it started to tingle a little. When I dried my face off, I was completely amazed at how it made a difference in one use. It contains Organic Coconut Oil, which I think is great for acne prone skin and use frequently. It also contains Rose Hip Oil which is an excellent anti-inflammatory and helps to heal scarring. My face felt more balanced, less red and super soft. It’s very affordable as well, so that is always a plus.
Sunny Holiday Protection with Dermalogica
Etiket muse, Miss H.G. Lightly is off to sunny Miami this weekend and she knows that for her health and safety, she should stay out of the sun and wear protection at all times.
Dermalogica’s Daylight Defense system creates an invisible shield against skin’s worst enemy - the sun. Thanks to sophisticated sunscreen formulations with skin health benefits (think less chalky, less greasy), Dermalogica has made SPF a convenient addition to anyone’s daily routine.
After consulting with Paule, our professional skin therapist, Miss H.G. Lightly has chosen SPF moisturizers that can be worn comfortable under eye-makeup, or alone to deliver defense against skin aging UV light.
Here are some tips to keep in mind when on sunny vacations:
-Plan outdoor activities before 11am or after 4pm to minimize exposure when UVR is most intense.
- Seek shade or create your own shade with an umbrella or other portable structure.
- Wear a wide-brimmed hat and loose-fitting clothing made of tightly woven fabric.
- Liberally apply a broad-spectrum (with UVA and UVB protection) sunscreen with a Sun Protection Factor of 15 or higher to exposed skin and lips.
- Wear sunglasses that have/offer UVA & UVB protection.
What’s in Miss H.G. Lightly’s weekend bag?
- Dermalogica multivitamin bodyblock SPF 20
- Dermalogica oil free matte block SPF 20
- Dermalogica solar defense wipes SPF 15
- Dermalogica ultra sensitive faceblock SPF 20
- Dermalogica solar shield SPF 15
- Trina Essential Weekender - Lillie
- Trina 3 PC. Travel Pouch Set - Lillie
All products available at Etiket
Follow Miss H.G. Lightly on Twitter: @etiketboutique